Ways to Know Baby is Ready For Solid Foods
Natural Formula Recipe
Baby Food Progression Table
Symptoms of Food Intolerance
Breakfast for Champions
Lunch Box Ideas
Sit Down Meals
Family Health Maintenance
Fourteen Most Important Foods to Eat Organic
Words to Live By
Who We Are
Happiness is a bowl of cherries and a book of poetry under a shade tree.
How to Make Your Own Baby Food
You will need:
|Vegetables; Steamed||Fresh Fruits||Proteins,|
Click here to get recipe for making your own baby cereal.
|Carrots||Apples||Free-range, organically-fed beef, chicken or turkey without skin||Rice|
|Green Beans||Apricots||Cooked Beans||Oatmeal|
|Green Peas||Bananas||Cooked Lentils||Millet|
|Potatoes||Melon||Cooked Egg Yolk||Amaranth|
1. Wash fruits and vegetables, thoroughly. Peel and de-seed, if necessary. Rinse grains and beans with water. Remove any skin and fat from meats.
2. Cook food in small amount of water, until tender. Cook meats until fully-cooked, no pink!
Do not add any salt, sweeteners or spices to any of the foods.
3. Place food in grinder, blender or food processor. Add liquid you will be using. Puree. Food should be very thin for new eaters, pasty for seasoned eaters, and chunky for older children. See Food Progression Table for age milestones.
4. Spoon out small portion into baby bowl.
Feed baby small portion of food with baby spoon.
Feed until baby is no longer interested in eating, and turns face away from food.
Throw away any food left in baby's bowl that is not eaten.
5. Freeze any unserved food in ice cube tray. Cover tray with aluminum foil.
After food is frozen, take out of ice cube tray and place each "ice-cube serving portion" in it's own separate small sealable container (like Pyrex). Do not forget to label the container with the name of the food--(use Sharpie on masking tape), and the date it was made.
Frozen baby food is good for 1 month from freeze date.